Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What's going on with the Deftones subreddit?

Started by Inkblades, Jul 12, 2024, 03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Why has it been made private? I know there were some troll posts on it this week but that seems like kind of an overreaction. Now I can't get on it.

GlimmeringMaggit

A few days ago, Nettspend (no idea) released a track that sampled Entombed. I don't know if the sample was cleared and then uncleared or if it was never cleared in the first place. Either way, it was subsequently taken down. On the day it was released, a supposed screenshot went round of a supposed tweet from Chino where he said he'd cleared it but also ragging on the video. I never saw that tweet and I never found any evidence of it (e.g. no replies to a recently deleted tweet when searching his Twitter handle).

The track was taken down a day or two ago and Nettspend fans raided the Deftones subreddit with a bunch of pictures of Nettspend when he was a little boy, obviously to the extent where the moderators locked it.

I think the Deftones subreddit is a cesspit anyway and I never go on it. I found out about that part elsewhere. Nettspend fans are obviously a little unhinged, I presume mostly teenagers. The track wasn't even two minutes and was abysmal.
Formerly LG95

Penicks

Nettspend, born: March 18, 2007 (age 17 years), is an American rapper, singer and songwriter from Richmond, Virginia.

damn, i was probably fucking this kid's mom back then