Q&A with Deftones.

Started by cesar421, Nov 13, 2012, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 13, 2012, 11:25 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Nov 13, 2012, 11:10 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
omg wach dem fans go mad xddd

It's funny how people often describe them as down to earth guys, yet they're able to be the most cynical punks.

I've always has the impression that they're not very talkative and kinda drawn back. lately Chino has started being a bit more comfortable in interviews though, it seems.

but doing something like this and then being total asses about it is a kinda different matter. I don't mind them being cynical punks though, hell my favorite musician is Mike Patton and he invented being cynical in interviews. but at least he made it fun and entertaining, these guys just don't give a fuck. wasting fans time, more or less.

Yes, yes and yes.

Just because they didn't answer your hundred thousand questions? lol

deftoner664

Stephen is the shit, and he can be very bold in his statements, he doesnt hold back and you know he means it.. Or he's completely fucking with you for some laughs lol Abe is very outgoing, and he likes to be a bit sarcastic and joke around as mentioned, but he can be very personable with his conversations.. I get the down to earth vibe from Stephen, Abe, and Frank. As for Sergio, I only met him during the DE tour and he seemed rather reserved but excited to be around fans... After all, they're just humans like you and I, they get annoyed and overwhelmed by the same old monotonous questions and routines, you would too if you been doing this since 1989. For a lot of you who haven't met them, the one that's most disappointing is Chino. For the last two decades he's dealt with floods of fans bombarding him, and for Chino it probably does get old. Yes, he will sign your stuff, say a few words, but over all he's reserved and just wants to get his job done and get to the next city, show, event, recording session, or in his case, home. That's just my 2 cents of rant on these guys.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Subliminal

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 13, 2012, 11:34 PM
Stephen is the shit, and he can be very bold in his statements, he doesnt hold back and you know he means it.. Or he's completely fucking with you for some laughs lol Abe is very outgoing, and he likes to be a bit sarcastic and joke around as mentioned, but he can be very personable with his conversations.. I get the down to earth vibe from Stephen, Abe, and Frank. As for Sergio, I only met him during the DE tour and he seemed rather reserved but excited to be around fans... After all, they're just humans like you and I, they get annoyed and overwhelmed by the same old monotonous questions and routines, you would too if you been doing this since 1989. For a lot of you who haven't met them, the one that's most disappointing is Chino. For the last two decades he's dealt with floods of fans bombarding him, and for Chino it probably does get old. Yes, he will sign your stuff, say a few words, but over all he's reserved and just wants to get his job done and get to the next city, show, event, recording session, or in his case, home. That's just my 2 cents of rant on these guys.

1+

Nice rant

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 13, 2012, 11:32 PM

It's funny how people often describe them as down to earth guys, yet they're able to be the most cynical punks.

I've always has the impression that they're not very talkative and kinda drawn back. lately Chino has started being a bit more comfortable in interviews though, it seems.

but doing something like this and then being total asses about it is a kinda different matter. I don't mind them being cynical punks though, hell my favorite musician is Mike Patton and he invented being cynical in interviews. but at least he made it fun and entertaining, these guys just don't give a fuck. wasting fans time, more or less.

Yes, yes and yes.

Welcum back, mate!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Inkblades

You know, a couple of years ago I probably would have been all over this Q&A session with a lot of fanboy questions. But, in 2012, there's nothing I really want to ask them. They give me music and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

Subliminal

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Nov 13, 2012, 11:36 PM

Yes, yes and yes.

Welcum back, mate!

Thanks mate! Just having a cheeky nose around, since it's that time of season! New album an all ;)

NightTimeCavity

Quote from: Inkblades on Nov 13, 2012, 11:37 PM
You know, a couple of years ago I probably would have been all over this Q&A session with a lot of fanboy questions. But, in 2012, there's nothing I really want to ask them. They give me music and that's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

I feel on you on that one, although I did ask what songs from KNY they'd like to do music videos for. Not sure if they have much of a say in what songs get picked for videos but with DE they provided some good imagery. YSTB and Beauty School especially.

Visitant

Yes, yes and yes.

Ha! Exactly.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Visitant

WORD.
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

chinomoreno876

From here on out I'm keeping the guys on the stage and in my earphones , I've met them a few times and they were pretty much dicks both times and now this q and a they seemed the same, I don't want to formulate any opinion on them as people like that, ill just take the mind blowing music and call it a day!!!

Jacob

well goodday to you Captain Obvious, nice to see you around these parts.

we're not talking about a fan meet and greet or haning around outside the tour bus to get stuff signed. I couldn't give a fuck about that. this was an organized Q&A, where they invited fans to ask questions to the band. they had even put up its own website for it with some neat design and lots of jazz. I get it that it's probably management's idea and the band isn't all that excited about it. but then say fucking no instead.

I might sound more pissed than I am, I'm not pissed at all actually. just a bit disappointed in them and rather annoyed with the fans who defend this behaviour because "lolz, they're just human". yeah, they're human. common courtesy applies.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Jacob

Yes, yes and yes.

first of all, I didn't ask a single question. second of all, they picked the most monotone and boring questions to answer, most of the time with sarcastic or really short answers that anyone could see coming. if they're so bored with it, why not pick the funny or weird questions and then make something entertaining out of it?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftoner664

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 14, 2012, 12:13 AM

well goodday to you Captain Obvious, nice to see you around these parts.

we're not talking about a fan meet and greet or haning around outside the tour bus to get stuff signed. I couldn't give a fuck about that. this was an organized Q&A, where they invited fans to ask questions to the band. they had even put up its own website for it with some neat design and lots of jazz. I get it that it's probably management's idea and the band isn't all that excited about it. but then say fucking no instead.

I might sound more pissed than I am, I'm not pissed at all actually. just a bit disappointed in them and rather annoyed with the fans who defend this behaviour because "lolz, they're just human". yeah, they're human. common courtesy applies.

Yeah well I dont know about you, but when you meet a band, you can ask them fucking questions. I do every time I meet them, and I get answers from them. What's the difference between a Twitter message board and in real life after a show? I really dont see what your raging up hype about my response, people were trying to drawn a conclusion of the type of people the guys from Deftones are based on a shitty Twitter Q & A; pretty absurd I do say.. The only way you can really get your questions answered by any member of the band or draw conclusions based on what kind of guys they are, is in person, not twitter.

Vesanic

Yes, yes and yes.

Nah man, I'm not talking about that at all.

scatterbrain

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
God, I do say Twitter is fucking gay, first time I used it today for that lame Question and Answer.
right there with you,Im bout to delete this stupid shit now
im me and thats all ill ever be

deftoner664

Quote from: scatterbrain on Nov 14, 2012, 12:29 AM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
God, I do say Twitter is fucking gay, first time I used it today for that lame Question and Answer.
right there with you,Im bout to delete this stupid shit now

Right on, I don't understand why this world insists that we need a multitude of social networking mediums..

DeftonesNZ

I guess it's all about getting them in the right mood this is probably the part they hate so the want it over quickly chances are there was someone from the record company saying what questions they couldn't answer

scatterbrain

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 14, 2012, 12:38 AM
I guess it's all about getting them in the right mood this is probably the part they hate so the want it over quickly chances are there was someone from the record company saying what questions they couldn't answer
Im sure the barrage of stupid questions overshadowed the good ones to.
"when are you coming to my hick town in the middle of nowhere u.s.a.?"
"what dose koi no yokan mean?"
"will you guys play at my house for beer and drugs?"
"what was the first song you wrote?"
And dumb comments like
"hey I love your album 3 Dollar Bill Yall"
im me and thats all ill ever be

Danny Keyes

i felt ashamed with the constant pestering of the sharing lungs question.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Nov 14, 2012, 01:51 AM
i felt ashamed with the constant pestering of the sharing lungs question.
Yeah it's not like they have to have any views on this site ,I wouldn't come here if i was them why would you want to see everything to do criticised and rated