Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Q&A with Deftones.

Started by cesar421, Nov 13, 2012, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
plus, using a shitload of sarcasm. is it Abe answeing these questions? he's a pretty sarcastic dude, right?

They're all answering. I think Stef is the more cynical one but of course I'm just assuming.

XJohnnyX

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 13, 2012, 10:55 PM
meh, am I the only one who finds it kinda douchey to do a Q&A, then wait 5 mins between answering questions and only answering the obvious ones with no more than 4 or 5 words? way to reach out to the fans, guys.

probably some old fart from management sitting there anyway, while the band is out getting drunk.
yea i am getting the that same feeling answering dumb questions

Jacob

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
@meowka
is there any possibility that Eros may never be released?I know its about waiting for the right time.But what if it never comes #ASKDEFTONES

Deftones@deftones
@meowka Seems you have answered your own question

That broke my heart.

I think they just meant "it's about waiting for the right time". with the possibility of there never being one.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Vesanic

Could be, but im zo fradjile

scatterbrain

@kellyyyllek
#askDeftones Ever going to do a full headline tour in Australia?
Deftones
@deftones
@kellyyyllek Would love to.
@Luisch
#ASKDEFTONES ¿How born the idea of play w/ Gabriel Cheng in the San Francisco gig?
Deftones
@deftones
@Luisch He asked and we were stoked. It was a heavy moment.
im me and thats all ill ever be

Vesanic

They're getting paid for that, right?

Visitant

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 13, 2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know what's worse, the fuckin horrible grammar in the question or the response, Jesus...

@lotusteph88
#AskDeftones I want to know about rosemary song in this new album inspiration?? @deftones

Deftones@deftones
@lotusteph88 Time travel.

What's wrong with the response?
"I really can't help it.  It's either this or prison."

Jacob

and the last 10 mins they're just gonna sit there silently.

this was so fucking lame.

chinomoreno876

Ok that q and a was horrible!!!

sing blue silver

Yeah this was pretty goddamn weak.

Vesanic

omg wach dem fans go mad xddd

It's funny how people often describe them as down to earth guys, yet they're able to be the most cynical punks.

White Wrist

sing blue silver

So I guess it's over? That was the worst q&a I've ever seen. Only new info was they plan on adding more SNW songs live, Eros may never be released, Pink Maggit may happen live someday and they don't care much for us here at SL. That took an hour...

Jacob

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 13, 2012, 11:06 PM

It's funny how people often describe them as down to earth guys, yet they're able to be the most cynical punks.

I've always has the impression that they're not very talkative and kinda drawn back. lately Chino has started being a bit more comfortable in interviews though, it seems.

but doing something like this and then being total asses about it is a kinda different matter. I don't mind them being cynical punks though, hell my favorite musician is Mike Patton and he invented being cynical in interviews. but at least he made it fun and entertaining, these guys just don't give a fuck. wasting fans time, more or less.

nicklav

At least they answered the SL questions.

pissedandpierced

And at least they answered Vesanic's questions, it was nice to see some sort of love to at least one if us from here.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Subliminal

Steph is a legend if you can get the time to hang out with him, I just think they hate the internet and same old, lame ass questions. I always remember Steph saying in an interview that he could care less about the songs they write, since they're just that... songs and he gets bored of them.

Saying that, I don't think I've ever heard the band thank the fans for anything probably other than the love and support for Chi, so I guess they come off pretty smug.

pissedandpierced

Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 13, 2012, 11:14 PM

Steph is a legend if you can get the time to hang out with him, I just think they hate the internet and same old, lame ass questions. I always remember Steph saying in an interview that he could care less about the songs they write, since they're just that... songs and he gets bored of them.

Saying that, I don't think I've ever heard the band thank the fans for anything probably other than the love and support for Chi, so I guess they come off pretty smug.

I've met stef and I wouldn't have said that he was a legend.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

Subliminal

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 13, 2012, 11:18 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Nov 13, 2012, 11:14 PM

I've met stef and I wouldn't have said that he was a legend.

What was your experience with him then? cause I had a brilliant one to be honest, even though he's cynical as fuck.

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 13, 2012, 11:10 PM

I've always has the impression that they're not very talkative and kinda drawn back. lately Chino has started being a bit more comfortable in interviews though, it seems.

but doing something like this and then being total asses about it is a kinda different matter. I don't mind them being cynical punks though, hell my favorite musician is Mike Patton and he invented being cynical in interviews. but at least he made it fun and entertaining, these guys just don't give a fuck. wasting fans time, more or less.

Yes, yes and yes.