Q&A with Deftones.

Started by cesar421, Nov 13, 2012, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

that was a great question, Ves.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

scatterbrain

They still didn't say if they would play it live.
im me and thats all ill ever be

Vesanic

nicklav

Is anyone cataloging the responses?

scatterbrain

@ThePhantom_Kid
How much control do you guys have over the artistic image of the band? artwork etc. #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@ThePhantom_Kid None. We're puppets, didn't you know?

have a felling that wasnt sarcasm

scatterbrain

lost the first 2 questions,heres the rest so far

@garyftp
#askdeftones personal favorite albums? And which was the most stressful album to make?
Deftones
@deftones
@garyftp Favorite was Around the Fur. Most stressful was SNW, hands down.
@ThePhantom_Kid
How much control do you guys have over the artistic image of the band? artwork etc. #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@ThePhantom_Kid None. We're puppets, didn't you know?
@Morales138
#ASKDEFTONES what would the adrenaline-deftones think of the koi no yokan-deftones? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@Morales138 That's a great question. I would hope they would be proud. If not, we'd jump them!
@brunogildo
#ASKDEFTONES Koi No Yokan sounds like a mix of your past albuns. Was that the intention?
Deftones
@deftones
@brunogildo Not at all, but at the same time how could it not?
@liquidsky
#ASKDEFTONES You just played in South America (but not in Brazil,unfortunatelly),any chances of coming back next year? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@liquidsky We hope so.
@MixEngineerJC
#AskDeftones what are some of the advantages of working with Nick R. Opposed to Terry Date? @deftones
Deftones
@deftones
@MixEngineerJC It's just a different thing, but we love them both.
@Vesanic
Why didn't Lovers make it to the self-titled record? Ever thought about playing it live? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@Vesanic We didn't finish it in time, but it's one of my favs from that session. -Chino
@ManuOrtizP
How many songs didn't make the cut in the new album #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@ManuOrtizP Two.
@MValentino1013
#ASKDEFTONES Which show was your favorite to play at while on tour with System Of A Down this past summer? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@MValentino1013 Jones Beach in the rain.
@Diibitz
@sheaitaintso: #AskDeftones Was 'Prince' from Diamond Eyes supposed to be a sequel to 'Rx Queen'?
Deftones
@deftones
@Diibitz No, stay off the forums.
@tony_mass
There weren't any collaborations w/ other artists on the last two records. Was that a conscious decision, or any other reason?
Deftones
@deftones
@tony_mass These tend to be natural occurrences, and it just didn't come up
@seanmck75
Evening guys! Is there a particular place you enjoy going to most when on the road, crowd and sights? #AskDeftones
Deftones
@deftones
@seanmck75 Places we haven't been, but we all collectively love Japan.
@seanmck75
Evening guys! Is there a particular place you enjoy going to most when on the road, crowd and sights? #AskDeftones
Deftones
@deftones
@seanmck75 Places we haven't been, but we all collectively love Japan.
@Julian_Gage
#ASKDEFTONES any Saturday Night Wrist tracks on the setlist for the UK tour next year? See you in Birmingham! #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@Julian_Gage We hope to be adding more. Any specific request are welcome.
@Kuffdam
would you guys ever consider a residency run of shows like Vegas or O2 Arena London?
Deftones
@deftones
@Kuffdam As long as we can do it with Prince
@RHEmarkable
2 Qs: What inspired doing a cover of"The Chauffeur?" Any chance you guys will be in Louisiana anytime soon?
Deftones
@deftones
@RHEmarkable We've always been Duran Duran fans, that song in particular. Hope to be there in the Fall.

Vesanic

@deftoneslatino
#ASKDEFTONES Any live DVD coming soon? Sure lots of people want it! #ASKDEFTONES

Deftones@deftones
@deftoneslatino No plans at the moment, but hopefully sometime on this record cycle.

Vesanic

@sesamesnapss
#ASKDEFTONES any reason why there are so many references to water and waves in your lyrics?

Deftones@deftones
@sesamesnapss Quantum physics.

PFAAA1HHEHAHAHZEHNJn

chinomoreno876

man this q and a blows so far, waaaack ass questions!!!!

scatterbrain

@andriar989
#ASKDEFTONES I'm stalking my mailman for my bundle what should I do when he finally delivers it?
Deftones
@deftones
@andriar989 Have a shot of Parton with him.

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: chinomoreno876 on Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM
man this q and a blows so far, waaaack ass questions!!!!

....and answers...

nicklav

I asked for Pink Maggit... I thought that was the plan.

Vesanic

I did too. Five times.

scatterbrain

@SaraKazzz
You have both the 'older' generation and the new generation as fans. What are the differences between both in your eyes? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@SaraKazzz Not much. A lot of people like us for a lot of reason, and we appreciate it all.
@silverinacoma
#AskDeftones What's more nerve-wracking: playing to a huge arena or a small intimate show?
Deftones
@deftones
@silverinacoma It's all fun.
@ThatGirl970
#AskDeftones Chino do u have a vocal coach? If so who? Ur voice is like a fine wine, better w time @deftones fine, respectable lads indeed
Deftones
@deftones
@ThatGirl970 No I do not, but thank you.

man these questions suck.Ves had the only good one so far

mono

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
@deftoneslatino
#ASKDEFTONES Any live DVD coming soon? Sure lots of people want it! #ASKDEFTONES

Deftones@deftones
@deftoneslatino No plans at the moment, but hopefully sometime on this record cycle.

That's suck!!!

chinomoreno876

Yeh it should have been forum members only, "what's more nerve wrackig " that question was horrible

Vesanic

Chino has no vocal coaching.

SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE.

m1nusblindfoLd

lol

@Vesanic
Will you ever play Pink Maggit live again? It would close your sets in a majestic way. #ASKDEFTONES

Deftones@deftones
@Vesanic One day, with practice.

Vesanic

scatterbrain

@Vesanic
Which ones of you guys visit/are members of http://SharingLungs.com ? What are you thoughts regarding that forum? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@Vesanic None. None.

@greeneant
#ASKDEFTONES I hear some of Sergio's influence from his days with Quicksand. Are the Deftones fans of the band Quicksand? #ASKDEFTONES
Deftones
@deftones
@greeneant But of course.