Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones change dubstep remix

Started by hi man, Aug 20, 2012, 05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caín

Quote from: iceache on Aug 21, 2012, 08:35 PM
Quote from: deftoner664 on Aug 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
You guys need to get over your stereotypes regarding dubstep. I'm not the biggest fan either, but I've heard quite some amazing shit in that genre. I don't know about this remix, but don't be so harsh when dubstep is thrown in the conversation. You sound exactly like an old fart yelling metal is just some noise for sickos.

I do think the genre is overdone and has been raped to death and even after that, but I insist, there really is some good stuff.

Couldnt have said it better...People act like they're being forced to listen to it... You all just want to feel like you're 'too good' to even be open minded towards it since that genre is becoming increasingly popular nowadays.

Nope. I just know what shit sounds like.. and dubstep, is shit.

Yeah, fuck this hippie shit. "Derpstep is totally cool sometimes brahs". GTFO.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Deftones-argentina

I actually thought some elements on the remix were spot on. other not so much, but worth the spin. Dubstep or no dubstep, it's an ok remix.

Vesanic

Quote from: Caín on Aug 22, 2012, 09:10 AM

YOU GTFO if people on a forum can't have an opinion based on a concrete argumentation.

Caín

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 22, 2012, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Caín on Aug 22, 2012, 09:10 AM

YOU GTFO if people on a forum can't have an opinion based on a concrete argumentation.

NO YOU!

pony_01

oldskool dubstep is cool. i believe bro-step is what you guys hate

edit: kinda enjoy this remix btw, thanks for sharing :D

deftoner664

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 21, 2012, 11:14 PM
But M83 is dubstep and every1 likes them?

Dude! this here says it all.. How dare you ever... I mean EVER classify M83 as dubstep! Very insulting... M83 is electronica synth/pop/alternative rock.. If you have to tag anything to it; No where near dubstep by any means..

At any rate, I dont even really listen to dubstep that much, however I dont dismiss something and refuse to listen to it just because it's dub influenced, thats just absurd. Give other artists a chance..
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Vesanic

He was just trolling, pussies.

rock_n_frost

then we were trolling back, whats wrong withdat

Caín

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Aug 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
then we were trolling back, whats wrong withdat

That's not trolling back, that's whining back.

rock_n_frost

i wasnt trolling about Billy.
I trolled Vesanic.

pony_01

just face it, Chino is on dubstep now

https://twitter.com/ResidentEvilMov
"Fan of the Deftones? Preview the Resident Evil: Retribution soundtrack by TomAndAndy, good friends of ours. Get ready!"
track no 1. Hexes – Bassnectar (feat. Chino Moreno)

jbmp1390

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
You guys need to get over your stereotypes regarding dubstep. I'm not the biggest fan either, but I've heard quite some amazing shit in that genre. I don't know about this remix, but don't be so harsh when dubstep is thrown in the conversation. You sound exactly like an old fart yelling metal is just some noise for sickos.

I do think the genre is overdone and has been raped to death and even after that, but I insist, there really is some good stuff.

I completely agree man. I don't really dislike dubstep. I just don't really want to hear it mixed with the Deftones. There are 1 or 2 okay remixes though. I agree that it sucks how much the genre has been overdone. Due to that fact a lot of people have no idea what actual dubstep is. What many people don't know is that what most of us hear labeled as dubstep is not actually dubstep. The music created by many American artists which focuses on the deep wobble bass is not actually dubstep, barely related to it. That music is actually a genre called Brostep. I'm not joking. Unfortunately this is now what most people think dubstep is. Actual dubstep would be more like the music made by artists like Skream and Burial. Very little wobble bass in there. Brostep has now become an example of the entire genre to most people and that sucks. I agree with your comment about metal. It would be like saying that all metal sounds like Metallica or something and is therefore crap, when the genre actually goes a lot deeper.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Jacob

completely off topic, but that picture is especlially funny for a swede like me. the word for shark in swedish is "haj", and is pronounced exactly as "hi" is in english.

unintenional pun is funneh.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

one weak

Penicks

dubstep is the shittiest hype in the history of music ever, i don't want it associated with my god damned fucking deftones. fuck it deep in its ass

blondie

i love all the seething rage dubstep causes in morons. i guess people here need chino to start up a dubstep project so they can reverse their opinions about the genre and ride his dick even harder.

having said that, this "mix" is complete horsepucky. would not listen again.

jbmp1390

pony_01 already said it though. It's not Dubstep that everyone should hate. It is the American permutation of Dubstep called Brostep that has given people the negative connotations of the entire genre. An artist like Burial is real Dubstep, and he sounds NOTHING like Skrillex and Datsik and all that other shit.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 22, 2012, 09:12 PM
He was just trolling, pussies.

Bingo.
Also agree with what V said prior. Old deep dubstep is cool, but I cannot stand that generic clusterfuck of overused Scream.

dictatesofreason