Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rocket Skates teaser (album audio)

Started by Numina, Feb 16, 2010, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emehlen

Quote from: iceache on Feb 18, 2010, 09:02 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 18, 2010, 08:45 PM
Dunno if anyone saw this, but I think this is a slightly longer version of the same teaser audio...weird that it's longer than the official teaser???

Deftones - Rocket Skates (Teaser) - Diamond Eyes (BRAND NEW!)

EDIT: ack, nevermind same sh!t

OT:  Where's that studio update from a while back that showed the clip of Steph playing some ridiculously low-toned guitar?

Anyone else notice that there is someone saying something @ 25 seconds in?

yea, but its hard to make out what its saying. Sounds like he saying "buy it" ;D

m1nusblindfoLd

Doesn't anyone realize that "Rocket Skates" are from that stunt  in the Jackass movie? And in another episode there was a Deftones poster somewhere...hmmmmmm.....

ToneDef

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 19, 2010, 06:52 AM
Doesn't anyone realize that "Rocket Skates" are from that stunt  in the Jackass movie? And in another episode there was a Deftones poster somewhere...hmmmmmm.....

Yeah!!!! And like, Wile E. Coyote used to use rocket skates and shit to catch the Road Runner!!! Like Roadrunner Records!!! Ross Robinson!?!? Produced Fist!?!?! OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!

MAYBE ROSS ROBINSON IS THE REAL PRODUCER!!!

Yeah, the clip owns. I'm really, really excited for this record. It's said for every release they've had since White Pony, but this could be it, you know? This could match it!

Jacob

Quote from: ToneDef on Feb 19, 2010, 11:05 AM
Doesn't anyone realize that "Rocket Skates" are from that stunt  in the Jackass movie? And in another episode there was a Deftones poster somewhere...hmmmmmm.....

Yeah!!!! And like, Wile E. Coyote used to use rocket skates and shit to catch the Road Runner!!! Like Roadrunner Records!!! Ross Robinson!?!? Produced Fist!?!?! OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!

hahahaha, nice catch!

btw, I fucking love the powerful bass in that riff. I miss Chi and wish he was on the album, but still I don't feel the least bit worried that Sergio did a great job! it will be really interesting to hear the rest of his stuff on the album.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ToneDef

Yeah, I haven't doubted Sergio for a moment. From what I've gathered over this whole process, the guys obviously have a lot of faith in him and the way he fits in has given them a new lease of life. That can only be good, you know?

mono

m1nusblindfoLd

Weirdo.

Jesus2Chino

Yeah, the clip owns. I'm really, really excited for this record. It's said for every release they've had since White Pony, but this could be it, you know? This could match it!

Colbert moment for sure, lol.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Smog

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!
The tone quite reminds me of the beginning of HITE... SNW 2  ??? ??? ??? Wait and see!

iceache

Quote from: Smog on Feb 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!
The tone quite reminds me of the beginning of HITE... SNW 2  ??? ??? ??? Wait and see!
I think you have broken ears then :P.. sounds nothing like HITE.. side by side comparison, HITE is a muddled mess of distortion.

The guitar sound on Rocket Skates is tons more pleasing to the ears.

Smog

Quote from: iceache on Feb 19, 2010, 06:04 PM
Quote from: Smog on Feb 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!
The tone quite reminds me of the beginning of HITE... SNW 2  ??? ??? ??? Wait and see!
I think you have broken ears then :P.. sounds nothing like HITE.. side by side comparison, HITE is a muddled mess of distortion.

The guitar sound on Rocket Skates is tons more pleasing to the ears.

Sorry mate but the 0,09-0,12 riff is really really close to the HITE intro riff! Just play one after the other and you'll see....

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Smog

Sorry... i thought it was a discussion board  ???

E-Money

That one part in the riff is similar, but other than that I see no comparison.  I can already tell Rocket Skates shits all over HITE.  Thank God!

goldpony

good to see the tones are back (and so is goldpony!)
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Numina

And not to mention Rick Kosick did photography for them before Adrenaline came out.

Vesanic

Quote from: Numina on Feb 19, 2010, 07:25 PM

And not to mention Rick Kosick did photography for them before Adrenaline came out.

He's also the guy who took that pic that became the cover of ATF.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Smog on Feb 19, 2010, 07:02 PM
Sorry... i thought it was a discussion board  ???
did i say it is not ?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 19, 2010, 07:30 PM
Doesn't anyone realize that "Rocket Skates" are from that stunt  in the Jackass movie? And in another episode there was a Deftones poster somewhere...hmmmmmm.....

Um wowww and check out Rick Kosick's Twitter- entry from Feb 16th...holy shit

http://twitter.com/rickkosick

Numina

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Feb 19, 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Feb 19, 2010, 07:30 PM

Um wowww and check out Rick  Kosick's Twitter, entry from Feb 16th...holy shit

http://twitter.com/rickkosick

Too late! Saw it. (Not that it actually matters.)

Rather cool though. Also, I haven't seen anyone speculating on whether the video gets released online on the 23rd along with the free download. Seems likely and logical to me.