Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rocket Skates teaser (album audio)

Started by Numina, Feb 16, 2010, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 16, 2010, 11:58 PM
I can't sign up.... it directs me to gunsrazorsknives..   and then to some other page..   Damn it.     Anyone else having this problem?!

Yeah, same. But if you're quick enough and press the stop loading button of your browser the page won't redirect.

There Will Be Blood

not to crazy about the album name

lahemi

What the? The guitar sounds like Fredrik Thordendal plays it!  :o

I dunno, I have a huge smile on my face, but I'm irritated and skeptical at the same time. It just sounds a bit like SNW part 2 in terms of "every instrument have to be as loud and clear as possible", but will end up in a sloppy mess... but fuck, nah, I'm just extremely excited/nervous.

I mean, just imagine THIS tight as fuck guitar sound with other (slow and more atmospheric) songs from this album! And the song chino meantioned in the spin interview: "It's very... sludgy, like a chainsaw-type of riff but very slow."... what! the! fuck!!! *excited*

Vesanic

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Penicks on Feb 16, 2010, 11:34 PM
i really don't get why you guys hate the title. what was so good about around the fur, white pony, adrenalin or saturday night freaking wrist?
true that..

i think diamond eyes is fully about chi
but its more like a song name, not an album name
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

There Will Be Blood

Music sounds great though. I'm excited

lahemi

Diamond Eyes... sounded a bit cheesy at first (a bit Incubus'isch like Light Grenades, doesn't it?), but now it gets a feel like White Pony for me. I'm starting to like it already, but hey, it's just a name anyway.

White Wrist

Inkblades

Livewire

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 17, 2010, 12:44 AM

haha could have been a cherry waves cover, but seriously that cover is awesome

Saturday Night Whiskey999

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 16, 2010, 11:26 PM
"Diamond Eyes" sounds like the title to a James Bond movie to me.

so right, expect a b-side called gold finger.

and If that's the cover of the single, then I'm goddamn loving it. The last single artworks were a pleasure, and I see this is not stopping. I'm liking the way the bass is mixed, not too sure about the guitars...specially at the intro.
And except that diamond eyes is a reference to chi's current state, then I'm not digging it. But Hey! we're here for the music, not the album names.

buddyboy101

I'm not sure where everyone is getting the Chi/Diamond Eyes connection from...

E-Money

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Feb 17, 2010, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure where everyone is getting the Chi/Diamond Eyes connection from...

mikau

sounds like lamb of god or something like that :/

Hidalgo

"diamond eyes" badass album name!!

tawny

wow ... the full album song sounds waaaaaaay better than the live version.  what happens on the 23rd?  another song?

iceache

Quote from: tawny on Feb 17, 2010, 02:18 AM
wow ... the full album song sounds waaaaaaay better than the live version.  what happens on the 23rd?  another song?
The full version of Rocket Skates.