Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones shooting a video clip for Rocket Skates with 13th Witness

Started by lnkjuice, Jan 22, 2010, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

yeah i wasn't thinking.... elite never got air play and it got a grammy...

i don't want the shit to be played on the radio, i just want the band to get more widely accepted by a general audience... at least after chi's accident and since this may be the last couple of albums we see from them...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

pixElsblUr

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 26, 2010, 06:43 PM

i don't want the shit to be played on the radio, i just want the band to get more widely accepted by a general audience... at least after chi's accident and since this may be the last couple of albums we see from them...

dude, you look like one of my ex's brother, you from Arizona?

Infector

frud

deftoolsys07

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Jan 26, 2010, 07:20 PM
Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 26, 2010, 06:43 PM

dude, you look like one of my ex's brother, you from Arizona?

nah, from the lone star state... TX

Quote from: frud on Jan 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Since when did what plays on the radio matter?

doesn't... i just think it'd be cool for people to respect deftones for once, even if it means mtv and radio and shit... deftones are on the borderline of underground/mainstream in my opinion, but it wouldn't hurt for once for one of their songs to get air play... JUST so more people know about deftones and maybe increase sales and just help the band out for chi and shit...

downtownpony

one of the dj's for 102.1 the edge likes the deftones, and plays them occasionally. I remember him playing HITE often when snw came out.

E-Money

Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 27, 2010, 02:12 AM
one of the dj's for 102.1 the edge likes the deftones, and plays them occasionally. I remember him playing HITE often when snw came out.

yup!  I lived in the Dallas area for a couple of years and went to the Family Values show at smirnoff music center.  I remember that DJ introducing the Deftones before they took the stage and he said that they were by far his favorite band. 

kameron632

Quote from: stapezee on Jan 27, 2010, 02:41 AM

yup!  I lived in the Dallas area for a couple of years and went to the Family Values show at smirnoff music center.  I remember that DJ introducing the Deftones before they took the stage and he said that they were by far his favorite band. 

DUDE!!! i was at that show too! i was just getting into the deftones when i went, so it was an amazing experience!!!

Nathan

And furthermore, isn't a song about being wet kinda risque for radio?
I guess it's on par with songs like Date Rape and Dirty Hot Sex in the controversial department.
We'll stop to rest on the moon, and we'll make fire.
I'll steal a carcass for you, and feed off the virus.

godin

no one knows what the fuck chino is talking about or even saying on first listen to a deftones song anyways haha
Dingus.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: kameron632 on Jan 28, 2010, 03:47 AM
Quote from: stapezee on Jan 27, 2010, 02:41 AM

DUDE!!! i was at that show too! i was just getting into the deftones when i went, so it was an amazing experience!!!

ha i was there, too.. chilled with the band after the show, i skipped on korn and just went to the bus with them, stef was gonna go watch them and i was like ha nah man i'm not into that shit, i just came to see y'all haha.. that was around his birthday, i gave him a cowboy hat lol... eddie, the manager, took a pic of us for me cuz my camera phone wasn't workin good... i remember specifically that show stef's guitar started fucking up the beginning of passenger, linus came runnin out back after the show n were talking about it... stef had some shit to say about chino, too, since that's around when chino was takin' forever on the vocals for SNW...

downtownpony

Damn I really need to start going out of my way to meet them. I've been going to every show of theirs in dallas since 05, and haven't meet them once. :P

deftoolsys07

Quote from: downtownpony on Jan 29, 2010, 02:39 AM
Damn I really need to start going out of my way to meet them. I've been going to every show of theirs in dallas since 05, and haven't meet them once. :P

ha same man, i haven't missed a show since 04, when they went to stubbs in austin, then i've been to every show in dallas... all you have to do is right when they walk off stage run out behind the venue to the buses... normally they don't have security or very minimal, just yell out their names they'll normally come up to you.

me and stef had talked on myspace for a while before i actually got to chill with them on the bus, so he eventually knew me by name, smoked a superblunt with them at the house of blues after the second night a couple years ago, that's the pics in my sig... haha stef took this funny ass picture of chino hittin it cuz he was makin this face but don't know what ever happened to them...

edit: haha speaking of security, when we were on the bus and they opened the windows while we were smoking to let all the smoke out (the blunt i brought was a foot long, had a half ounce in it haha) and shit and there were two dallas cops standing at the doors of the bus the whole time, when i walked off the bus i had a 5" roach still somewhat burning in my pocket and the cops fucking followed me around the venue and didn't say shit haha... and the funniest part is i actually went in the HOB and checked my shit in, like my wallet and watch, etc and i just wrapped a shirt around the blunt and had them hold on to it 'til after the show haha, they had no idea...

E-Money

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 29, 2010, 03:07 AM

ha same man, i haven't missed a show since 04, when they went to stubbs in austin, then i've been to every show in dallas... all you have to do is right when they walk off stage run out behind the venue to the buses... normally they don't have security or very minimal, just yell out their names they'll normally come up to you.

me and stef had talked on myspace for a while before i actually got to chill with them on the bus, so he eventually knew me by name, smoked a superblunt with them at the house of blues after the second night a couple years ago, that's the pics in my sig... haha stef took this funny ass picture of chino hittin it cuz he was makin this face but don't know what ever happened to them...

edit: haha speaking of security, when we were on the bus and they opened the windows while we were smoking to let all the smoke out (the blunt i brought was a foot long, had a half ounce in it haha) and shit and there were two dallas cops standing at the doors of the bus the whole time, when i walked off the bus i had a 5" roach still somewhat burning in my pocket and the cops fucking followed me around the venue and didn't say shit haha... and the funniest part is i actually went in the HOB and checked my shit in, like my wallet and watch, etc and i just wrapped a shirt around the blunt and had them hold on to it 'til after the show haha, they had no idea...

thats dope man,  I also went to both of the shows at the House of Blues.  It was great to hear Damone and Boys Republic.   I was kinda pissed we didn't get hexagram either night tho. 

deftoolsys07

Quote from: stapezee on Jan 29, 2010, 04:18 AM

thats dope man,  I also went to both of the shows at the House of Blues.  It was great to hear Damone and Boys Republic.   I was kinda pissed we didn't get hexagram either night tho. 

yeah i think that's the first time i'd seen them to boys republic... they played damone in austin in 04... great shows... hard to think that that was already 3 years ago that i last saw them...

godin

those are some cool stories man. Deftones are cool like that. Only band Ive met is the trail of dead
Dingus.

downtownpony

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 29, 2010, 05:56 AM
Quote from: stapezee on Jan 29, 2010, 04:18 AM

yeah i think that's the first time i'd seen them to boys republic... they played damone in austin in 04... great shows... hard to think that that was already 3 years ago that i last saw them...

I think they also played cant even breath at the austin show. I wanted to go to that show so fuckin bad.

pixElsblUr

Quote from: godin on Jan 29, 2010, 08:18 AM
those are some cool stories man. Deftones are cool like that. Only band Ive met is the trail of dead

wow, very cool man

normsteez

That is a cool ass story dude. I usually see the deftones in the DC area which is basically the 930 club. I think I might try your technique to try to meat the band next time they play in my area.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

defsteve

Quote from: normsteez on Jan 29, 2010, 07:33 PM
I think I might try your technique to try to meat the band next time they play in my area.

:o :o :o :o :o
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website