Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones shooting a video clip for Rocket Skates with 13th Witness

Started by lnkjuice, Jan 22, 2010, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godin

heavy songs dont get played as singles. Deftones songs dont get played as singles really anymore. Regardless of heavyness. There just not catchy--->> something thats kept me enjoying them.

A band that Im opening for has a quote from a local radio station saying that their sound is "radio-friendly and catchy!". Long story short if someone said that about my band Id probly quit. or just rewrite all my songs.
Dingus.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 25, 2010, 04:27 AM
i don't know about rocket skates as a single.. it's a good song, but i don't think it's single-material.. i can't picture that song being played on the radio.... then again i don't know why they play half the shit on the radio

welcome back?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

iceache

Quote from: godin on Jan 25, 2010, 04:41 AM
heavy songs dont get played as singles. Deftones songs dont get played as singles really anymore. Regardless of heavyness. There just not catchy--->> something thats kept me enjoying them.

A band that Im opening for has a quote from a local radio station saying that their sound is "radio-friendly and catchy!". Long story short if someone said that about my band Id probly quit. or just rewrite all my songs.

Who cares if Deftones singles get radio play? Not me, I don't listen to the radio. I have this invention called the Internet. It's great.

Way better quality audio than that crappy radio shit.

If a Deftones single is good its gonna be good.. I like their heavy songs.. Rocket Skates is catchy... or else I wouldn't listen to it 5 times a day.

I much prefer to watch videos of their heavier songs than their "catchy" "radio friendly" ones.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: iceache on Jan 25, 2010, 05:34 AM
Who cares if Deftones singles get radio play? Not me, I don't listen to the radio. I have this invention called the Internet. It's great.

If a Deftones single is good its gonna be good.. I like their heavy songs.. Rocket Skates is catchy... or else I wouldn't listen to it 5 times a day.

I much prefer to watch videos of their heavier songs than their "catchy" "radio friendly" ones.
true that...

no one should give a shit about radios...they suck monkey balls..
i wonder when we get the ''leak''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

rocket

I love Rocket Skates but I'm hoping for something else as a first single so I don't have to wait until the end of April to hear something new.

jesusinabowlofdirt

cool, i just hope they get rid of those awful trumpets in the song's final version

tarkil

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Jan 25, 2010, 07:39 AM
i wonder when we get the ''leak''

I leaked on your mom yesterday already...
You should ask her !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Frankz0r

I haven't heard a good version of RS... So, I'm not that excited at all. It's sad but I'm not that into the guys since like 2 years ago... Hope that feeling comes back again!.

Hi to all my old fellas in here ;)

deftoolsys07

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jan 25, 2010, 05:32 AM
i don't know about rocket skates as a single.. it's a good song, but i don't think it's single-material.. i can't picture that song being played on the radio.... then again i don't know why they play half the shit on the radio

welcome back?

ha thanks, i'm on here every day, but i don't post as much... what i meant by what i said is yeah it'll be a good single or whatever, but i think deftones deserve the radio play just so they get a little more accepted by the general public... i mean everyone i know that barely knows deftones only knows the song change, and that's because it's been on the radio forever (they don't play deftones AT ALL in dallas on the radio) i don't want them to go mainstream or sell out, i'm just saying they deserve to be played on the radio in liu of nirvana and buckcherry and shit...

edit : and how are they gonna get a grammy if they don't get air-play... they deserve it, that's all i'm sayin...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

godin

Quote from: iceache on Jan 25, 2010, 05:34 AM
Quote from: godin on Jan 25, 2010, 04:41 AM

buddy. I wasnt trying to say Radio is good. I only listen to the university radio here in calgary. and No deftones arent really that catchy in terms of a mainstream sense and thats precisely why I love them. I guess I wasnt clear
Dingus.

iceache

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jan 26, 2010, 01:50 AM

welcome back?

ha thanks, i'm on here every day, but i don't post as much... what i meant by what i said is yeah it'll be a good single or whatever, but i think deftones deserve the radio play just so they get a little more accepted by the general public... i mean everyone i know that barely knows deftones only knows the song change, and that's because it's been on the radio forever (they don't play deftones AT ALL in dallas on the radio) i don't want them to go mainstream or sell out, i'm just saying they deserve to be played on the radio in liu of nirvana and buckcherry and shit...

edit : and how are they gonna get a grammy if they don't get air-play... they deserve it, that's all i'm sayin...

Don't need air-play to get a grammy.

defsteve

edit : and how are they gonna get another grammy if they don't get air-play... they deserve it, that's all i'm sayin...

Fixed  ;)
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

deftones86

welcome back?

DFW radio sucks or maybe thats everywhere

Nathan

is commercial radio even relevant anymore?
everyone i know listens to satellite radio/ipod in their cars, gyms, homes etc.
the concepts of "smash radio hit" and even videos for singles are nearly obsolete.
We'll stop to rest on the moon, and we'll make fire.
I'll steal a carcass for you, and feed off the virus.

Hidalgo

pixElsblUr

it's for the fans dude, fuck radio, I don't really dig shit radio plays anymore.