Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Album Mastering

Started by yeah, Dec 17, 2009, 08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeah

Seems like upcoming album has been already mastered. That should probably mean forthcoming promo and release!

see more: www.sterling-sound.com
hint: go through engineers, then find ted jensen, choose current projects

jesusinabowlofdirt

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Starz

cool. Ted is a good mastering engineer with a lot of experience. check his discography... I'm even more excited to hear the final product now!

Inkblades

old salty

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Zevaka

Inkblades

We now have proof that the album has been mastered, so I will chuck a molotov cocktail into Warner Bros. corporate if it doesn't come when it's supposed to.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 17, 2009, 02:42 PM
We now have proof that the album has been mastered, so I will chuck a molotov cocktail into Warner Bros. corporate if it doesn't come when it's supposed to.

sharinglungs

I'm a little worried about Ted Jensen engineering this album.. he fucked up Death Magnetic big time.. I mean it was a record label decision I know.. I just hope he makes it sound good.. Good to know that it was in mastering in October, it should be done now :D

Starz

Yeah don't worry, Ted will do a good job. Unless the record label told Ted to compress the shit out of it like on Death Magnetic then it'll be ok. At least Howie Weinberg isn't doing it.

deftonesfan192

Quote from: yeah on Dec 17, 2009, 08:52 AM
Seems like upcoming album has been already mastered. That should probably mean forthcoming promo and release!

see more: www.sterling-sound.com
hint: go through engineers, then find ted jensen, choose current projects

Thats a pretty rad website

lungdamage

I'm more concerned with the mix, i hope it has that raw element, SNW was over polished and odd sounding!
Mastering, shmastering, if he's the chief mastering engineer there is no way he can really fuck it up.. If he is any good, which he is, he will maintain the mix and streamline it like a pro. i just hope the mixing engineer made it sounds epic.

lungdamage

At least ATF was still utilizing a less compressed more dynamic range!.....  Then prodigy 'fat of the land' came out and fucked it up for everyone.....Then the REAL compression war REALLY took off!

Grrrrr :)

lungdamage

.....which in essence lasted only like 1 year as everyone slowly started to 'brick' everything