Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Lifter/MOS

Started by buddyboy101, Dec 14, 2009, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddyboy101

Never noticed they also start the same way - a quick kick/snare intro - by Esq. Cunningham.  You can also hear the major leap in production made on ATF (album).  The sound is much thicker.  Adrenaline can sound a bit thin at times.  The drums alone sound massive on ATF.  

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

vs.

Jacob

MoS starts with a tom and a snare. Lifter starts with a kick and a snare/crash. but yeah, they're very similar. it's a pretty common fill for Abe, he uses it in several songs.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

buddyboy101

Quote from: Jacob on Dec 14, 2009, 04:32 PM
MoS starts with a tom and a snare. Lifter starts with a kick and a snare/crash.

Good call!  I feel oblivious to cymbals in songs b/c they're EVERYWHERE!!

There Will Be Blood

Penicks

Because I didn't grow up with Deftones, Adrenaline was actually the last of their discography I listened to and its 'hollow' sound put me off. But weeks later I was like fuck my ass with a giant dick, this is good shit and yeah.

buddyboy101

Anyone hear the similarity in chord progression b/w Damone and WGTB.   Compare the opening riffs:

alvarezbassist17

dude have you guys noticed how teenager and bloody cape are like the same song?  the similarities are staggering.

No More Sugar

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 14, 2009, 05:40 PM
dude have you guys noticed how teenager and bloody cape are like the same song?  the similarities are staggering.

god help us if this is the next wave of threads to be posted in the deftones facility.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

_Fireal_

Quote from: Jacob on Dec 14, 2009, 04:32 PM
MoS starts with a tom and a snare. Lifter starts with a kick and a snare/crash. but yeah, they're very similar. it's a pretty common fill for Abe, he uses it in several songs.

/thread.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

UrZ*

change @ 0.43

root @ 0.41

al the tom/snare bit ;) the one in change is lovely tho with the open hihat and then the crash
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

Vesanic

I've noticed a similarity between Riviere and Digital Bath

@ 0:55 , 1:00 , 1:21 , 1:56  that little guitar string twist

@ 0:26 , 0:30, 0:51, 0:55, 1:31, 1:35, 3:09, 3:12, 3:17 and 3:21  you find it back

buddyboy101

Quote from: UrZ* on Dec 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
change @ 0.43

root @ 0.41

never noticed that before.  good find!

al the tom/snare bit ;) the one in change is lovely tho with the open hihat and then the crash

KLaUThiO

Abe style... that's all.....

defTHE1s

I love the intro @ MOS

and the one on Change. It's like an intro to the awesomeness of the song

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

UrZ*

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Dec 15, 2009, 06:08 PM
Quote from: UrZ* on Dec 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
change @ 0.43

root @ 0.41

never noticed that before.  good find!

haha thanks, but i'm a drummer so i have ear for that. Playing Abe's beats is pretty sweet. He's got nice chops..
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.