Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

30 Seconds To Mars rip of RX Queen drums

Started by mikau, Dec 14, 2009, 12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

defskull

That 30 Seconds song had me really appreciate the drumming of Rx Queen.  It's great.  I love that song. 

And while we're on the subject of 30STM their first cd was actually pretty good but I didn't bother with them after that.

No More Sugar

i was never really interested in them to be honest. when i found out of their existence, i thought they were one of those 'corporate  screamo bands' like the red jumpsuit apparatus...of course this was back when i was into better bands of that spectrum. however i have recently come to appreciate their debut...it's not half-bad i suppose, aside from the fact that i hate jared leto's voice when he sings those long croony notes and i don't condone his lyrics at ALL. I compare them evenly to Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. The music and the 'feel' on the first album is pretty nice for a mainstream band of their caliber. i think the same goes for "A Beautiful Lie" however, they're definitely not a band I'd think about listening to on the regular.

Jizzlobber

This is plagerism at its finest..

another case of a generic , good looking pop artist simply dipping into the vast amount of great songs that exist to shade their own "songwriting" template as having a, similiar type of recipe for success and appeal as those same artist they look too for musical tools, to represent a certain type of tender emotional songwriting sense, that the artist must so clearly possess...

Jared Leto is fat now too...so he can die

http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/jared-lero-9-29-2006.jpg
<

Jacob

btw, didn't Rosie who used to hang around here date one of the members of 30STM?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Dec 15, 2009, 08:10 AM

Haha, idiot. He gained that weight for a movie he did some years ago. This is what he looks like now:

Quote from: Jacob on Dec 15, 2009, 09:20 AM
btw, didn't Rosie who used to hang around here date one of the members of 30STM?

Really? I just thought she was a major fan.

Jacob

Quote from: theis on Dec 15, 2009, 09:44 AM
Really? I just thought she was a major fan.

I'm pretty sure she at least hooked up with someone from the band at some point. not sure how serious it was. it was a long time ago.

anyways, I like their new single. the chorus is catchy. but like I said, I find them really overrated and I think they receive a lot of unnecessary hype only because it's Jared Leto. he has a good voice, but he's way too theatrical - on the verge of sounding really cheesy. and the music is really uninspired and nothing that hasn't been done to death before.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: theis on Dec 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
Their selftitled album is great. Have you haters actually listened to it? A Beautiful Lie is highly enjoyable too.

mono

devilinside

Haha, idiot. He gained that weight for a movie he did some years ago. This is what he looks like now:

LOL!

He's totally hot.  ;)

No More Sugar

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 15, 2009, 03:34 PM
Quote from: theis on Dec 14, 2009, 06:35 PM
Their selftitled album is great. Have you haters actually listened to it? A Beautiful Lie is highly enjoyable too.

what will it take to get it through to you precious

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

godin

I made a thread about this awhile ago and got ripped on
Dingus.

No More Sugar

Quote from: godin on Dec 16, 2009, 04:53 AM
I made a thread about this awhile ago and got ripped on

amazing how SL works

deftones86

I wish jared letos face looked like it did after he got his ass kicked by edward norton then i might listen to them just because he looked like sloth.

mikau

in legal terms, does drum patterns plagiarism exist or is music plagiarism limited to the musical notes?

jesusinabowlofdirt

Jizzlobber

jeez , is it really needed to call me an idiot?

unfortunatley i dont pay attention to the celebrity tabloid world...i have better things to concern my mind with...but if you feel superioir over me for knowing this...then keep up your fanaticism for jared leto...yes, keep it up...im sure you are more important for that fact...obviously you feel i am an idiot for not knowing this...yes...to not know that a skinny actor went from fat to thin makes one an idiot...well done.

stop being such a loser
<

Frankz0r

this was discussed when that shitty song came on.... I realized at first without hearing any comment. I'ts the same.