Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Are Deftones Your Favorite Band ?

Started by Fireal1222, Sep 03, 2009, 07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinsanity

Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

Crazylegs

no, not for quite a few years they haven't been. They had the top spot a long time though.

the deft ones

I voted no.
5 years ago that would have been a definite HELL YES.
They'd be top four though, along with Faith No More, Jane's Addiction, and The Mars Volta. They're probably on par with these bands, but certainly not ahead.

White Pony is still my favourite album of all time though.

Inkblades

shine down unshy

Yeah, I love deftones.  Only band I care enough about to talk about.  I love how they document their music, the way they play their music..just everything about them sets them apart from any other band out there.

Deftones-argentina

Fuck yeah.

Though sometimes other bands can be brilliant and untouchable at times (and deftones can fail every once in a while), deftones ignited my music obsession. Since the moment I first heard a song by them I felt complete, they became a part of me.

Pd: great photo of Nathan from the Out_circuit, tpam! Album number 3 is slowly being preproduced, by the way.

defTHE1s

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Sep 03, 2009, 07:50 PM
yes, deftones is my favorite although there are many other bands who come close but to me they are the shit, from melodies to chino's harmonic voice and chi's powerfull shouts, fucking chingon
Yeah, those are the words: Fucking ChingoNes!!!  8)

They've grown since S/T as my favorite band, putting some other bands aside (Korn; Limp Bizkit, SOAD) and since i have Muse, Radiohead, SOAD, QOTSA as my top favorites, Deftones are the 1s at the moment and very close to them the 1st band i was in love with: Rammstein :D
And thanks to Rammstein, I could hear that masterpiece of MOS on the Matrix soundtrack!

so, i voted, YES, OF COURSE!
and as 2nd place, Rammstein (noting to see with the music, but also has guitars and distortion haha :D )

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

There Will Be Blood

Yeah I love them... For sure my favorite band!

VictorPL

deftones are definetly my favorite band, ive been listening to them non stop for the past 10 years. im more of a hip hop head and dont listen to a lot of rock, but there was always someting about the deftones. lately ive been listening to more rock and i have to say i had a moment when i wasnt sure if deftones or alice in chains are my favorite.

Jacob

no. they've always been one of my favorite bands and probably always wll be. but never an absolute favorite. only one band can be number one, and that is Faith No More. then a shitload of bands share a second place.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftoneskoen

By far. But that doesn't mean I think they are "the best band", they just aren't.
But ive been fan for so many years and their music just realy hits me right.
Even got a deftones tattoo.

mr.sinister

Of course.

Deftones will probably always be my favorite band. Even though I don't own a million t-shirts or have my room filled with posters. As cheesy as it may sound to some, their music has been there for me during the good and bad times of my life and it always made me feel better. There is just something about them that when I hear any song by them, I am just entranced by it. They have been my favorite band since I was 14. Sometimes I listen to other bands more than others like right now I am listening to shit loads of Porcupine Tree to prepare for the new album, but if I hear the right Deftones song at the right time, I just get hooked and re-discover them. Their music to me is like sex and it has amazing replay value.

defmkjah22

YES!!!!  Like a lot of u already said, theyve been the soundtrack to my life for such a long time, they r in my blood forever.  Im like VictorPL, i listen mostly to hip hop but also trip hop and more kind of electro funky stuff, but rock is where i started all those years ago and the bands im in are always more rock oriented.  Basically they took up the mantle from where Nirvana left off for me which was within a few yrs of their last record.  Its all about the raw feelings and ability to not only shout and scream about them, but also be beautiful and melodic in telling their tales.  I love all music and i feel deftones take elements from every style. 
I sometimes find it too hard to listen to them as their music drags up all sorts of baggage for me but they r always there when i need them. 

I think just by the fact i can only be bothered to look and participate in their forum and no other band's is testament to my neverending love and respect for these musical gods.

jesusinabowlofdirt

stupid question! I will not dignify that question with an answer

nineteenpeoplesnames

They are my favourite band by far but I couldn't tell you why. Just like them.

DEFCAY

Yep, since years ago, now my top 3/4 are:

1.- Deftones
2.- Dredg
3.- QOTSA
4.- Incubus/Radiohead

TheWatcher

E-Money

Quote from: mr.sinister on Sep 04, 2009, 11:39 PM
Of course.

Deftones will probably always be my favorite band. Even though I don't own a million t-shirts or have my room filled with posters. As cheesy as it may sound to some, their music has been there for me during the good and bad times of my life and it always made me feel better. There is just something about them that when I hear any song by them, I am just entranced by it. They have been my favorite band since I was 14. Sometimes I listen to other bands more than others like right now I am listening to shit loads of Porcupine Tree to prepare for the new album, but if I hear the right Deftones song at the right time, I just get hooked and re-discover them. Their music to me is like sex and it has amazing replay value.

couldn't agree with u more.  deftones have been there for me,  sounds fucken cheesy but their music has helped me get through some shitty times.  i put on white pony the other day (had not listened to it for a while) and it hit me like it did the very first time i listened to it.   I guess the Deftones are my favorite band because I really feel their music.  We all do, thats why we all love them.  I cant wait for the new album.  Im sure it will be worth the long wait. 

kameron632

i voted yes, deftones are my favorite right now and they have been for about 2 years. going on 3. Korn was my favorite for the longest time, when i went to go see Korn in dallas in 2006 with deftones i had never heard of them [deftones]. Even after the deftones had no effect on me. then i heard them on my friends Queen of the damned cd. Thats what started it all. I bought adrenaline then the rest. Thats how i happend for me. Deftones and Korn are my favorite bands.

1. Deftones
2. Korn
3. Tool.
4. Meshuggah

E-Money

Quote from: kameron632 on Sep 06, 2009, 04:00 AM
i voted yes, deftones are my favorite right now and they have been for about 2 years. going on 3. Korn was my favorite for the longest time, when i went to go see Korn in dallas in 2006 with deftones i had never heard of them [deftones]. Even after the deftones had no effect on me. then i heard them on my friends Queen of the damned cd. Thats what started it all. I bought adrenaline then the rest. Thats how i happend for me. Deftones and Korn are my favorite bands.

1. Deftones
2. Korn
3. Tool.
4. Meshuggah

i was at that show.  that was by far the worst deftones show i've ever been to.  i was so bummed out.