Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Defhead, please read this

Started by Deftones-argentina, Aug 27, 2009, 01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deftones-argentina

Sorry for the repost, but  really think james may be interested in this, and since his inbox is full I didn't find a better way to catch his attention

James, so I saw you were unhappy with the sound of the Wilkens 03 boot, and decided to give that a remaster try. I'd like to think that the ending result is quite clearer. If you decide this is "enough better", maybe we should re-process the audio and re synch it with the video.
    Do you use any editing programs? I could send you the instructions on how I remastered this track and you could apply it to the whole show if you want to. If you feel you're unable to do it by yourself, just upload the audio in the rawest form and I'll process it and send you the entire show. I didn't have to do much to be honest. First problem was that the recording was 17 or 18 db's under the headroom, so it sounded REALLY low. Once I fixed that, I gave it some Eq to filter bass-mid frecuencies and some other eq peaks. No compression at all, more than enough with the camera's one. I did it all with cool edit pro 2. So, if you want to get into detail just tell me. Here's the sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3gwy454mgz

Pd: by the way, you should try to contact unclebusu and try to get those shows. I remember he showed some interest when i said 95 and 96 videos. Your old school list will impress him for sure, plus you can offer my remastering abilities also.

DEFCAY

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 27, 2009, 01:21 AM
Sorry for the repost, but  really think james may be interested in this, and since his inbox is full I didn't find a better way to catch his attention

James, so I saw you were unhappy with the sound of the Wilkens 03 boot, and decided to give that a remaster try. I'd like to think that the ending result is quite clearer. If you decide this is "enough better", maybe we should re-process the audio and re synch it with the video.
    Do you use any editing programs? I could send you the instructions on how I remastered this track and you could apply it to the whole show if you want to. If you feel you're unable to do it by yourself, just upload the audio in the rawest form and I'll process it and send you the entire show. I didn't have to do much to be honest. First problem was that the recording was 17 or 18 db's under the headroom, so it sounded REALLY low. Once I fixed that, I gave it some Eq to filter bass-mid frecuencies and some other eq peaks. No compression at all, more than enough with the camera's one. I did it all with cool edit pro 2. So, if you want to get into detail just tell me. Here's the sample: http://www.mediafire.com/?m3gwy454mgz

Pd: by the way, you should try to contact unclebusu and try to get those shows. I remember he showed some interest when i said 95 and 96 videos. Your old school list will impress him for sure, plus you can offer my remastering abilities also.

It sounds great, I could do that man, and then seed a authored dvd on Zombtracker. try to send me the audio file to my email if you want. or, just contact me by MSN defcay@hotmail.com ;)

EDIT:
Que imbecil! intentando escribir en ingles, bueno, creo que entendiste. Yo puedo hacerlo, tengo el master también y autoriarlo sin encodearlo ni nada. Solo necesito el archivo guardado en LPCM WAV para no bajarle la calidad ya que el audio original era AC3.

Saludos

Saturday Night Whiskey888

Hey Nuno, your inbox is full.

def-head

hey, nuno i was on vacation and just saw this here. I can get you the audio from the single cam version also. I won't have time to edit  the audio my self but i'm sure you can do a good job.

defTHE1s

:P mmm.. i think he is not Nuno... i think he is... Nico??  :)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: defTHE1s on Aug 29, 2009, 10:33 PM

Theis is right. Good memory man.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 30, 2009, 03:52 AM

The1s is right. Good memory man.
fixed ;)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: defTHE1s on Aug 30, 2009, 08:29 PM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Aug 30, 2009, 03:52 AM

The1s is right. Good memory man.
fixed ;)

And that's why you're the one with good memory, and not me :P.

Ok James, i'm waiting for the raw audio then.