Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Defly 1.0 • Deftones Fly Screen Saver

Started by pixElsblUr, May 13, 2009, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixElsblUr

I made a new screen saver using the background from the current site, NOT STREAMED.  (Tested on XP and Vista), make sure you have flash installed, you will need to set up first time it runs.

1. Install "Defly 1.0 Setup.exe" follow instuctions and allow to install in it's default directory.
2. copy and paste the other two files in the folder to C/Program Files/Defly 1.0.
3. right click on your desktop and select "personalization" on vista or "properties"on XP, select defly 1 as your screen saver and click preview, if you need to install flash it will let you know, you may have to run through a 1 time set up, there after, you will not be prompted to click anything, the screen saver will be activated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BRJW15EA

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfdy8y

shine down unshy

Doesn't work.  "This program cannot display the webpage".

defTHE1s

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 14, 2009, 12:06 AM
Doesn't work.  "This program cannot display the webpage".
the same for me... :(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

pixElsblUr

Haha, go figure, back to the drawing board, works good here, ill $check on this :-D¢

EDIT: you guys both on vista?

M1GHTY M4VS

can you make non streaming from internet maybe ? It may work then for people with slow connection+Vista etc. ?

defTHE1s

yep, vista.
gonna try it on XP to see what happens...
Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on May 14, 2009, 09:20 AM
can you make non streaming from internet maybe ? It may work then for people with slow connection+Vista etc. ?

EDIT: Tried it on a XP Virtual Machine.. and nothing happens..
the same error as above...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

pixElsblUr

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on May 14, 2009, 09:20 AM

this one is not a "stream", it's "stand alone", unfortunately it's flawing, I'll check in to what may be causing this, sorry, thanks for testing :)

pixElsblUr

OK, I figured it out, refer to original post on this thread

Original post above has been updated with a link containing everything you need to install.

tawny

thanks!!! works perfectly on my mac running leopard!!!

no, it probably doesn't.

Vesanic

pixElsblUr

what? anyone else? if no fuck it, trash this thread, lol, it be a shame though, cause it looks really cool, plus it'll save me time on even bothering to make the other sideshow one, thanks for trying it out Vesanic

Edit: I don't get it, I've uninstalled it and then reinstalled and works great, both at home (vista) and at work (XP).  if a few could test it out I'd appreciate it.

Vesanic

I installed the program and put the files into the told directory... But nothing happens then.

pixElsblUr

dude, ringht click on your desktop and select "personalization"   on vista or "properties"on XP, select defly 1 as your screen saver and click preview, if you need to install flash it will let you know, you may have to run through a 1 time set up, there after, you will not be prompted to click anything, the screen saver will be activated.  have you tried that?

Vesanic

defTHE1s

Quote from: pixElsblUr on May 15, 2009, 10:15 PM
dude, ringht click on your desktop and select "personalization"   on vista or "properties"on XP, select defly 1 as your screen saver and click preview, if you need to install flash it will let you know, you may have to run through a 1 time set up, there after, you will not be prompted to click anything, the screen saver will be activated.  have you tried that?
I have Flash CS4, and it has Flash Player, so I can doubleclick the Defly.swf and i can see it. But when I try the screensaver, it says that "This program cannot display the webpage".

I'm gonna try it at my XP computer at home to let ypu know, but now with my Laptop using Vista Home (English) doesn't works... :(

pixElsblUr

hey dude, uninstall the previous one first, then go to program files and delete the Deftones Web directory entirely, then install this one

defTHE1s

well, here is what I did on the computer with XP just a moment ago:
Installed the standalone one, and it told me that i already had a previous version of this (DeFly, the one that used stream from the web), and it prompted if i wanted to uninstall before. I said, yes, and the it was installed normally. Then i copied the 2 files (js and swf) and tried and all ok!!
it works on that pc with xp...!!

but is still not working on my lap with Vista..
i'm gonna try to delete all the directory again (cuz i've done this before) and try to make it work.
Thanks so much man!

pixElsblUr

no problem dude, this does work on vista too dude, I've personally tested these on a number of machines, they work good bro, I made another one today but it's non deftones related, it's from the big lebowski when they are driving in the car eatin in-n-out, it's pretty slick, im thinknigg Ill make one of the deftones performing or just chi looking chingon

samson simpson

M1GHTY M4VS

right working on vista thanks a bunch :)