Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Your favorite music country

Started by Zevaka, Jul 14, 2008, 07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

i wished i could make germany strong for this thread. but i just cant. there are some bands that are fun to listen too. (die ärzte, tocotronic, tomte) but then they arent really that good imho.

we have some good hip hop. but im not sure if british, french, scandinavian couldnt compete with it. never get to listen other hip hop than german and american i guess.

if we were a techno board or something like that, germany probablly could be named here.

i vote usa

4th Eye

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 29, 2008, 09:13 PM
i wished i could make germany strong for this thread. but i just cant. there are some bands that are fun to listen too. (die ärzte, tocotronic, tomte) but then they arent really that good imho.

we have some good hip hop. but im not sure if british, french, scandinavian couldnt compete with it. never get to listen other hip hop than german and american i guess.

if we were a techno board or something like that, germany probablly could be named here.

My friend got some triphop from Germany, some compilation albums. Not all artists are german I guess but that is really good stuff.

And now that I think of it, germans know their power- and thrash metal. And then there's the Scorpions, of course!

tarkil

Quote from: 4th Eye on Jul 30, 2008, 04:10 AM
And then there's the Scorpions, of course!

Now there we go.... ^5

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theshadeisatool

Quote from: Nailec on Jul 29, 2008, 09:13 PM

i vote usa

Now Germany would come up high on my list... Alec Empire, Einsturzende N..., KMFDM, Die Arzte, Kraftwerk, Neu!... yes and Scorpions, plus many people like Rammstein, Nena hehe, etc.

theshadeisatool

I'm quite proud of my own area (Bristol/South West England) let alone the rest of the UK as far as music is concerned:

PJ Harvey, Tricky, Portishead and Massive Attack in particular

and other stuff people like from my area... Tears for Fears lol, Roni Size (Drum and Bass), Goldfrapp, Reef got big late 90s, Muse are from Devon. and others...

Corleone

Caín

UK, hands down

beatles
genesis
king crimson
jethro tull
black sabbath
blur
emerson, lake & palmer
radiohead
i could go on and on...

wither-I

Quote from: defskull on Jul 28, 2008, 10:59 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Jul 16, 2008, 07:09 AM
im gonna go with the music capital of the world

New Orleans, Louisiana.

there is NO doubt. if you have yet been to the big easiness take a trip and suprise the fuck out of yourself.
there is LITERALLY live music every 5 feet. literally.

adhere.
advance.
bless.

Obviously haven't been to Austin, Texas then.

Anyway the UK gives birth to some of the most original bands period. 
haha really!??

look new orleans birthed jazz music.

and thats all you really need to say. probably the most profoundly intricate and steadfast brilliant form of composed/improvised music EVER created on the face of this earth. (ever)

have you been to NOLA ? how about a jazz funeral? we had a jazz funeral for my father when he passed away after katrina, we paraded his casket down the street with a full dixieland jazz ensemblea and second-line danced with sash's and rags and all. have you witnessed a second line? and trodded down on frenchmen st. or magazine. i mean bands will start their show set at 4:00 in the morning. no other place in the world. everywhere, all the time! it never ends.

sorry for the ramble.
but i do agree with you on the UK ;)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

pony_01

indonesian's myspace bands!
they're great

Noia

browse for brazillians songs ppl; there are a lot of great bands; its not only samba and carnival lol

envydust
o rappa
planet hemp
nacao zumbi
chipset zero...
sepultura, obviously.. etc..