Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones very rich?

Started by deftonesboy, Feb 14, 2008, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonesboy

Hey guys i was just thinking to myself, how wealthy do you think the deftones are, I mean they are a pretty big band but i know they never made a lot of money off cd sales...

So what do you think? are they comfortable, very comfortable or just plain rich?

occipudding

rich enough to not have to hold day jobs id assume
machete!  meow

goldpony

does anyone really care? as long as they can make the music they want to make i could care less what kind of cars they drive
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

occipudding

Quote from: goldpony on Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 PM
does anyone really care? as long as they can make the music they want to make i could care less what kind of cars they drive

im just jealous that they dont have to have day jobs.  rich motherfuckers.
machete!  meow

cyppe101

I wanna see an episode of Cribs where Stef shows his mansion and 3 cars with twentyfo inch spinnaz.

lithium

theyre comfortable me thinks
💩

deftonekid

i think they are very comfortable...

mikau

yeah, i assume they're comfortable, but not rich.

deftonesboy

Ye I assumed they are pretty comfortable, seems to be the general opinion they aint rich but very comfortable....

goldpony

im not rich but im comfortable...in this chair im sitting in
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mikau

are you being paid by herpdate or what?

Hidalgo

they went from all of 2002 without a single show, & none of them worked at McDonalds during that time or anything, & still managed to pay bills, etc. so if they can go that long without shows & still get by, i'm sure they do really well when they tour

like you all said though, i doubt they're filthy rich, but still get by really easily

i would like to know their exact income, i dunno why it's such a secret what bands make. we know exactly what baseball, basketball & fooball players make. being signed by a major label should give the public acsess to what bands make$ as well (just like being signed in a major sport)

Timmy666

Chi was quoted as saying "we're the worlds biggest underground band." aka they dont make a lot.
Second, in the recent interview with kerrang, Chino said some band members had money problems during the making of SNW but now everything is better. I assume they are comftorable. Middle class niggaz makin music. Except maybe Chino, who lives in Burbank, has a side project to make money off of, chino sox and produces albums now.

occipudding

Quote from: Hidalgo on Feb 15, 2008, 03:04 AM
they went from all of 2002 without a single show, & none of them worked at McDonalds during that time or anything, & still managed to pay bills, etc. so if they can go that long without shows & still get by, i'm sure they do really well when they tour

like you all said though, i doubt they're filthy rich, but still get by really easily

i would like to know their exact income, i dunno why it's such a secret what bands make. we know exactly what baseball, basketball & fooball players make. being signed by a major label should give the public acsess to what bands make$ as well (just like being signed in a major sport)

i was acquainted with a drummer from this band that almost made it somewhat big a couple years back.  they were in the middle of talking to a major label and he told me some of the outrageous figures some bands on that label saw.  i'm sure the deftones have made a pretty penny in their time.
machete!  meow

White Wrist

Quote from: cyppe101 on Feb 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
I wanna see an episode of Cribs where Stef shows his mansion and 3 cars with twentyfo inch spinnaz.

pissedandpierced

Even though bands sell shit loads of records, depending on what the royalty rate is and advance for each album (you have to remember that marketing budgets, manufacturing costs etc have to be paid back to the label and the producers fee is generally paid out of the bands advance as is the studio time/fees) depends on what the pay out is for each band, even though they do get other royalties for copyrighting cost. Most bands make money from touring and merch.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

ignore the fashion

deftones are so rich chino wipes his ass with dolla billz yo! hahaha

There Will Be Blood

i use to work at american express and i typed in chino real name in the data base.... hes banking.....

lithium

dudes got a black card huh?
💩

Hidalgo

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Feb 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
i use to work at american express and i typed in chino real name in the data base.... hes banking.....
k, so spill the beans, what kinda loot did he have?